Dr. Dan Baker is currently the president of the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association. Previously, Dan had been the strength and power training coach for the World Famous Brisbane Broncos Rugby League team for 20 years, leading them to 4 titles.
Not limited to just one organization, Dan has an extensive coaching career working with the Queensland Reds Rugby Union team, as well as coaching elite athletes in mixed marital arts (cage fighting), diving, soccer, netball, track & field and of course, powerlifting.
Unlike most PhD's he does not work full time as a lecturer or in a laboratory - he trains athletes in the field.
As a strength & conditioning coach:
Strength and power training coach of the Brisbane Broncos Rugby league team since 1995 (title winners 1997, 1998, 2000, 2006)
- Former champion powerlifter and powerlifting coach.
- Strength and Conditioning Coach to elite international and national level athletes in the following sports – rugby league, rugby union, powerlifting, diving, soccer, track & field, netball, mixed martial arts to name a few.
- A Level 3 Strength and Conditioning Coach and Master Coach of Strength and Conditioning as recognized by the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association.
As an Educator and Mentor for strength & conditioning coaches:
- Dan is the National President of the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA) which is the not-for-profit body recognized by the Australian Federal Government to educate and accredit strength & conditioning coaches within Australia.
- Dan continues to lecture to all levels of ASCA coaches, from Level 1 beginner Coaches through to the Level 3 Elite Athlete Coaches.
- Dan is a sought after Educator of Strength & Conditioning Coaches because he makes the science easy and tells it straight. The practical implementation is what it is all about.
In Australian sport and social life, the “Club” is important. Dedicated club members are sometimes bestowed an honour titled “Life Member” for endless hours of dedicated work on behalf of the Club or Organization.
Dan has three Life Memberships:
- Dan is a Life Member of the ASCA.
- Dan is a Life Member of North Kirra Surf_Lifesaving Club.
- Dan is a Life Member of the University of Queensland Powerlifting & Weightlifting Club.