FLEXIBILITY & MOBILITY BANDS
Flexibility and mobility are important for enhancing strength or sports performance. One of the best tools for helping to achieve this is the flexibility and mobility band. So I have introduced the www.danbakerstrength.com flexibility and mobility band.
You need strength with length to enhance to sports performance!
We have Flexibility/Mobility bands in 3 sizes – All for $25
- Small – 85 cm flat length, better for athletes up to 165 cm
- Medium – 100 cm flat length, better for athletes 165 to 185 cm
- Large – 115 cm flat length, better for athletes over 185 cm
FLEXIBILITY – The advantage of the band is that its’ elastic properties allows the trainer to perform many difficult, but effective Propioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) stretches without the aid of a partner or trainer. Or you can do static holds for 30 to 60+ seconds.
MOBILITY – Mobility is the dynamic use of flexibility, the ability to move throughout a range of motion without hinderance. Use the band to perform drills in the end range of motion.
To enhance flexibility of a muscle/joint, follow this pattern:
- PNF – Use the band to perform 3 x PNF contract/relax drills of 5-6 seconds each (= 30-45 seconds) to establish range of motion
- Dynamic flexibility/mobility – Use the band to perform mobility drills in the end range and past the static end range to take the muscles and joint to a new range of motion
- Static flexibility – Use the band to perform a static hold to reinforce this new range that steps 1 & 2 have now established